The Floragenex team is pleased to announce the recipients for the April 2016 RAD-Seq Processing Award. After reviewing over twenty applications, two winners were selected to receive complimentary RAD-Seq preparation services. The awardees are:
Dr. Melody Clark from the British Antarctic Survey. Proposal Title: "Genomic prediction of adaptation to climate change in Antarctica".
Dr. Joseph Hoffman at Bielefeld University. Proposal Title: "Understanding heterozygosity fitness correlations and climate change responses in an Antarctic marine mammal".
The scientific review team at Floragenex would also like to extend our thanks to all applicants for their efforts in generating and submitting a proposal. Look for future requests for proposals from Floragenex in late 2016 or early 2017.
Proposal Terms and Conditions:
1. Summary: This Promotion is being offered by: Floragenex, Inc. whose registered office is at 4725 Village Plaza Loop, Suite 200, Eugene OR 97401, USA.
2. Eligibility: This Promotion is open to any life scientist employed by an academic, government or non-profit institution that is interested in using RAD-Seq to advance their research. Employees of Floragenex, or their family members, Floragenex’s corporate partners or anyone else connected in any way with the Promotion are not eligible to enter. Scientists affiliated with for-profit entities are not eligible for the Promotion. There is no entry fee and no purchase required to enter this Promotion.
3. The Award: The Award is a one-time offer for complimentary (free) RAD-Seq library preparation on up to 190 samples from Floragenex. The Awardee may select one enzyme for RAD-Seq library preparation from an approved Floragenex enzyme list. Samples must be received within 6 months of the Promotion Award and meet standard Floragenex DNA input requirements. Awardee is responsible for shipping DNA to Floragenex. Return shipment of the library to the Awardee is included in the Award.
4. How to enter: Submit your name and information along with a brief one page research plan and summary at Floragenex.com/rad-proposal
5. Restrictions: This offer is restricted to new RAD-Seq project inquires only. Pre-existing or prior inquiries already made with Floragenex are not eligible for this offer. ddRAD / SBG services are not included part of this Promotion. Each participant is limited to one entry. No bulk or automated entries are permitted.
6. Award Review: Submissions will be reviewed and the Awardee determined by the Floragenex scientific team. Submissions will be considered on the basis of scientific merit and research interest.
7. Dates: Submissions must be received by April 29, 2016 at 11:59PM Pacific Time. Submissions completed after this date and time will not be reviewed. The Award will be made by May 15, 2016. No responsibility can be accepted for entries not received for whatever reason.
8. Force Majeure: Floragenex reserves the right to cancel or amend the competition and these terms and conditions without notice in the event of a catastrophe, war, civil or military disturbance, act of God or any actual or anticipated breach of any applicable law or regulation or any other event outside of the Floragenex’s control.
9. Awardee Notification: The Awardee will be notified by email by May 15, 2016. If the Awardee cannot be contacted or does not claim the Award within 14 days of notification, we reserve the right to withdraw the Award and pick a replacement Awardee.
10. Publicity: The Awardee agrees to the use of their name, title and institution affiliation in any Floragenex publicity material.
11. Cash Alternative: No cash alternative to the Award will be offered. The Award is not transferable.
12. Disclaimers: Floragenex cannot be held responsible for injury, loss, damage or negligence as a result of participating in the Promotion etc.
13. All Decisions Final: No correspondence regarding the terms of the Promotion or the Award will be entered into and Floragenex’s decision is final on all matters.
14. Legal: The Promotion and these terms and conditions will be governed by Law in the State of Oregon, United States of America and any disputes will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of the State of Oregon.
15. Acceptance: Entry into this Promotion by submitting a proposal will be deemed as acceptance of these terms and conditions.